Last week I blogged about being nominated for the AusMumpreneur Blog Award which was a little exciting, and thank you to those who have voted too. After that little flush of excitement you could imagine my surprise when I find in my inbox this weekend another little nomination.
This time the sparkling Sonia from Life, Love and Hiccups has nominated me for the Liebster Award! Yay me!
The Liebster Award recognises awesome blogs and is kind of like a bloggy chain letter where you answer the questions from your nominator and then pass it on.
What I like about this award is that it not only recognises fantastic bloggers who you get to learn a little more about, but it also introduces you to blogs that you may not know. Sharing the love! I do love finding new and exciting bloggers to follow.
Now for those curly questions Sonia has thrown at me, here goes…
1. What is the one possession you could not live without? (not a person or pet)
This is a tricky one but I think I will have to go with the first one that entered my head and that was my laptop. Sad but true, yes. But it provides so much for me; writing, blogging, researching, connecting, learning, reading, sharing… so really why not?
2. What is your proudest moment to date?
How on earth can I answer that? I have so many proud moments, most of which relate to my kids, but if I had to be self-centred, I would have to say it is a tie between seeing my first paid article published and finishing the first draft of my novel.
3. What is your favourite comfort food?
Chocolate. Was there really any other options?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you choose?
Another tough one. The world is full of so many amazing diverse places. New York City, anywhere in France, a deserted island in the south pacific are all so tempting…. but really I love where I live and can’t see myself moving for quite a while. Possibly when all the kidlets have left home, but even then I think hubby and I would simply just do a lot of travelling and come back here to our home base.
5. Who is your current celebrity crush?
Mmmmmm, tough one. I chop and change all the time. I recently went through a Ryan Gosling phase which was really weird as I’ve never been that attracted to him in the past. I love Josh Charles (Will) from the Good Wife, but then they killed him off, so he’s off the radar now, so at the moment I have a soft spot for Bradley Cooper. And of course I’ll always have Rob Thomas, Axl Rose & Jon Bon Jovi – I like me a bit of a bad-boy rock star!
6. You are granted three wishes, what would you wish for?
Of course I’d ask for endless wishes, world peace and the end to human hatred but if I had to be self-ish I’d say…
1. Good health for myself and my family
2. A good win on the lotto ($2 million would be enough, I’m not greedy)
3. A book publishing deal
7. What 3 words do you think people would use to describe you?
This too is tricky as I probably don’t really take enough notice of what others think of me. Oops! I could list words I hope they don’t use to describe me quite easily though! But for the purpose of the exercise…
For those who know me I think they would say: happy, quirky and opinionated.
And for those who don’t know me I think they would say: shy, reserved and snobby. (I often get told people think I’m snobby, but it really is just that I’m shy. Guess I should work on that!)
8. What would be the theme song for your life?
It’s My Life – Bon Jovi
“It’s my life, it’s now or never. I ain’t gonna live forever. I just wanna live while I’m alive. It’s. My. Life!”
9. What is the nicest compliment I have ever received?
I often get told I have nice skin, which is nice as I think it is blotchy, uneven and wrinkly.
And recently I received an email from a blog reader saying how much they love my writing. She also went on to say how I have inspired her to take the plunge and pursue a path she has always wanted to but has never had the courage. That was a pretty amazing feeling. My eyes may have leaked when I read that.
10. Ghosts – do you believe in them or not?
If you had have said aliens, I would have said no. But ghosts? I’m on the fence on that one. I haven’t experienced any apparitions or ghostly encounters but there is a part of me that believes that the spirit world must exist. Do we really just die and that is that? I guess we will all find out one day!
Now it’s my turn to nominate 10 other bloggers to take part and they are:
Sam from A Life On Venus
Lisa from Random Acts of Zen
Lisa from Mummy Manifesto
Kelly from A Life Less Frantic
Zanni from My Little Sunshine House
Renee from Mummy, Wife, Me
Jess from Essentially Jess
Bec from Seeing the Lighter Side of Parenting
Em from You Learn Something New Everyday
What you have to do now…
Nominate ten other bloggers for the award
Create ten questions for nominees to answer
Notify your nominees
My questions for you…
1. Are you a dog or a cat person?
2. Who inspires you?
3. What is your favourite childhood memory?
4. Where is your dream holiday destination?
5. Worst movie you’ve ever seen?
6. Which celebrity would you like to be your BFF?
7. First CD/Album you bought with your own money?
8. What’s your favourite sound?
9. If you could be any fictional character from a book or movie, who would you be?
10. You have a guilt-free full day of ‘me time’. All the housework and cooking is done for you, the kids are off with Dad/Grandma/friends for the day, and work is up to date. How would you spend it?
Can’t wait to read your answers ladies!
So which question will you ponder?
I’d love to hear your answers below too!