The shine of the new year has faded, and the time has come for some real ass-kicking work.
As many of you know this is my first full time year writing so I’m ready, and need to, get really serious.
I found I’m at a bit of a cross road. I have so much I want to achieve this year, so many different things, yet many related.
This year I want to:
– Kick start my copywriting business
– Build on my freelance portfolio (articles)
– Complete a 6-month novel writing course further developing manuscript #1 with the aim of completing draft 2 and maybe 3
– Continue blogging with some sort of regularity
– Continue to try and aim for a simple and purposeful life
– Continue with my eNewsletters
But something has to give. I have to have more focus. The problem is I don’t know what to do.
I need to work out a schedule.
It’s something I didn’t really consider. I naively thought ‘hey, each day I’ll just do a bit of this and a bit of that and all of it will all get done!’
You see, throw in the bookwork and accounts for hubby’s business, and playing mum and looking after the home, and well… it’s not working. And I’m not too proud to admit to failure.
I’m a perfectionist and a lover of lists. As much as I try and rebel against that type of rigidity, I really need to get back to that right now.
So tomorrow I’m spending the afternoon with some butchers paper and highlighters. It’s time to kick-butt and get my you-know-what into gear. I’m going to tackle this fearlessly and see where it takes me.
And by all means, if you have any advice for me, I’d love to hear it!
Are you a list-loving, control freak?